[LN] Shaberanai Kurusu-san - Vol 1 - Epilogue

Epilogue

    "Even though we're in different classes, we're still friends, right~!"

    "Yes!"

I could hear them talking like that as I walked down the hall.

Today was the opening ceremony of my second year.

In other words, today is the day that the students get their new classes.

Maybe that's why I've seen people exchanging vows many times today.

It really looks peaceful.

I looked into Kurusu's classroom from the hallway.

After that incident, the two of them who had fought earlier seemed to be getting along better now that Kurusu had stopped their fighting.

Although there were still various thoughts in their minds, and resentment was still bubbling under the surface, there was at least a carefree atmosphere above the surface.

Things had changed for the better──or so it seemed.

    "Well, that's good, right? Even if the relationship is fake, it will still feel real if we take it as real."

I muttered and sighed.

It wasn't a bad thing that the people in the class were trying to keep the 'fun' atmosphere even though it was so fragile and there was still a lingering feeling in each of their hearts.

Even if they realize it, they will continue to maintain it.

But this is social life, and since we don't know how others feel, we have no choice but to believe it.

And perharps, they haven't thought about it at all.

Well, sometimes it's better not to know.

I went to the infirmary while thinking about this.

    "By the way... what important thing does she want to talk about?"

I went to the infirmary because Kurusu called me.

When she said it was an 'important thing' instead of the usual meeting, a strange feeling of tension came over me.

At first I thought I had misread it, but the message on my cell phone actually said that.

When I arrived, I saw that Kurusu was already there, holding some letters in her hands.

I glanced at the contents, but they seemed to be letters from the girls, and Kurusu read them carefully.

    I'm so happy (...I didn't expect to get so many letters... I want to talk to them again...)

She recognized my voice and reacted like that.

She smiled, although her smile still looked a bit awkward, but you could see that her smile training had paid off.

She looked a little proud of her smile, probably because she felt a positive reaction from the people around her.

Kurusu, who wanted my opinion, looked at me.

    "I think it looks good already."

    The result of my practice (I'll practice some more until I have a smile as cute as Kaburagi-kun's...)

Kurusu puckered her cheeks and muttered the words 'practicing smile' over and over in her mind.

But...when she muttered 'uisuki daisuki' again to practice her smile, she suddenly seemed to remember something and her expression became tense.

    "What is it, Kurusu? Did something happen?"

    There’s something I want to tell Kaburagi-kun. It’s very important (...Important thing to tell you)

    "...Mn? What is it?"

    An important feeling (...I'll regret it if I don't tell him now. I want to say that I've graduated from his teaching. And say that we're equal now)

    "Eh...?"

Kurusu looked directly at me.

She had a serious expression on her face, as if she had made some kind of decision...

That look pushed me back and a strange sound came out of my mouth.

...What's wrong with her all of a sudden?

I mean, what's so important?

I didn't think she would confess her feelings... No, no, no!!!

The double blow of her suddenly serious look and the voice from her heart made my feelings so unstable.

...There's no way, right?

What do you mean by not wanting to be called my disciple anymore?

Is it because you think that a student and a teacher cannot fall in love?

Of course, that would explain why she wants to declare herself a graduate...

Wait, wait, wait! But declaring your feelings is usually done at the right time, not suddenly like this, right!?

Ah...but that might be the case with Kurusu...

My heart is beating faster than before.

It's so strong that it hurts, and my stomach acid feels like it's going to come up my throat.

What should I do...?

I’ve always avoided love confession before.

──I have a girlfriend who is a senior.

I've made it a rule to lie and avoid them before confessing.

But Kurusu already knows that I don't have a girlfriend.

Besides, she was touched by what happened before, so she'll fall in love with me and tell me how she feels... it's only natural.

What should I do then?

No matter how much I thought about it, there was no way out.

    "H-hey, Kurusu...?"

I looked at Kurusu. And her eyes looked swollen.

Eyes that were spoiled and begging, reminding me of a Chihuahua...

Her look was unfair...

I sighed and looked at her face again.

The way she looked at me made me decide...

    (Please be my friend...that's what I wanted to tell him. But...ugh, some dust got in my eyes. I feel like shedding tears)

    "......"

...Empty.

In an instant, I felt empty.

Yes.

I got it. Exactly.

A very serious person like her wouldn't suddenly decide to go out with me...

So, you want us to be friends...

She already said that. She said something about equality...

I want to die of embarrassment.

I'm someone who can read minds, but I felt embarrassed by those words.

I turned my face away from her and said,

    "You know, Kurusu. Making friends is meaningless if it's only expressed in words."

    What does that mean?

    "Look, your classmates are the same, right? Even people who seem to get along can end up like that. That's why I can't comment on relationships that can't be maintained without saying "We're friends, right?"."

It's been said that we can't get our message across if we can't put it into words.

People want reassurance, so they want to feel relieved by saying it.

So...words are cheap. Even if they are fake.

Also, for me, words are weak, and only the inner voice can speak the truth.

Perhaps, that's why I'm cold.

    "In this kind of relationship, you don't have to say anything to know. Well, that's just my idealistic."

You don't have to say anything to each other.

A relationship where we can understand each other. It's almost impossible for me, but...

While I was thinking about it, Kurusu wrote,I like you a lot. I want to be friends with you and smiled at me.

In her heart, she said with a satisfied look on her face, "If it feels cheaper to say it out loud, then I'll write it down".

    "...Hahaha. What the heck."

Her offer to become friends seemed like a confession of love.

Besides, how could Kurusu deny it directly...

I laughed out loud.

    (...don't laugh)

She also felt embarrassed by what she had written and blushed with her eyes downcast.

    "Yup. You could say it's as expected from Kurusu."

In response to my short answer, Kurusu smiled happily and snuggled into my chest.

    "...Kurusu?"

Her eyes were still swollen and she looked at me.

If you looked at her from the outside... she would look like she wanted to kiss me.

But in reality, she was just hiding because she was so happy to have a friend that she was on the verge of tears.

Knowing this, I became less disappointed and gently patted her back.

Until she calms down, I'll hold her as a 'friend'.

That's what I thought. But I decided to say one more thing for her.

    "I might be misunderstood at this rate...so be careful from now on."

My voice was the only echo in the silence of the room.

And in the middle of my voice, I felt like I heard Kurusu say 'suki'.

The 'suki' she meant, was it just a 'like' or a 'love' feeling?

Even I, who can hear one's inner voice──can't understand it.

 

TL: Retallia (JP-ID), Tanaka (ID-EN)

PF & ED: Retallia

 

 

 

Retallia

Part-Time Dreamer, Full-Time Romcom Enjoyer~

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post